VIDEO: Nazzle Man wins festival song contest for second timeJuly 16, 2018
Oneil Scott, who uses the stage name Nazzle Man, last night won the Jamaica Festival Song Competition for the second consecutive time.
He is the singer and writer of the winning 2018 entry, Jamaica A Wi Home.
Scott received $1 million for each of those two roles, as well as $300,000 for being the best vocalist.
He also won the competition in 2016 with his song No Weh Like Jamaica.
The competition, which was not held last year, saw contestants winning portions of the grand prize package of $10 million last night inside Ranny Williams Entertainment Centre.
The mass choir that was named among the Top 10 this year- Escarpment Road New Testament Church of God, won the best performance category as well as most popular on social media.
The Jamaica Cultural Development Commission said there were more than 200 entries in this year’s competition. From those, 30 semifinalists were selected, then the 10 finalists.
Here are the 10 finalists and their songs:
1. Strong Jamaican, written by Patrick Kitson and performed by Escarpment Road New Testament Church of God
2. Jamaica A Wi Home, written and performed by Oneil Scott
3. Hands on your Heart, performed by Karel Wisdom. It is written by Karel Wisdom, M. Bennett, and G. Wright
4. The Type of Jamaica, written and performed by Radcliffe Palmer
5. Jamaica Wi Rich, written and performed by Victor Richards
6. I Love Jamaica, written by Sheea-Ann Hewan and performed by Roger Mendez
7. Jamaica You Nice Enuh, written and performed by Tanice Morrison
8. Jamaica’s Formula, written and performed by Everton Pessoa
9. Wi Big All Around, written and performed by Dennis McKay
10. Let’s Do It Jamaica, written and performed by Courick Clarke
WE also do obituaries, advertisement, and special coverage of funerals, birthday parties, weddings, and other milestones. Call or WhatsApp us at 876-305-4574 or emaail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.