Man in viral videos fined $26K or 80 days for breaches in St. AndrewMarch 12, 2021 0 By Horace Mills
A man has been punished after he committed a number of breaches, which were captured in videos that went viral.
He is 42-year-old Stephen Witter, who was arrested on Monday (March 8) for, among other things, breaching laws aimed at slowing the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
Witter was arrested and charged by cops in the St. Andrew North Division.
He was convicted yesterday when he appeared in the Kingston and St. Andrew Parish Court.
His sentence is as follows:
- Breaches of the Disaster Risk Management Act – $10,000 or 30 days
- Resisting Arrest – $2,000 or 10 days
- Disorderly Conduct – $1,000 or 10 days
- Indecent Language – $1,000 or 10 days
- Obstructing Police – $2,000 or 10 days
- Assaulting Police Officer – $10,000 or 10 days.
In total, Witter was fined $26,000 or 80 days in jail.
He is to appear in the St. Catherine Parish Court on Tuesday (March 30) to answer to additional charges laid against him in relation to a previous incident. That previous incident, which also went viral, took place at a beach in Portmore, St. Catherine.
WE also do obituaries, advertisement, and special coverage of funerals, birthday parties, weddings, and other milestones. Call or WhatsApp us at 876-305-4574 or emaail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.