The Jamaica Constabulary Force (JCF) said its Narcotics Division officers charged six men in relation to offences under the Dangerous Drugs Act in the Exchange section of Ocho Rios, St. Ann, on Wednesday, November 13.
They are charged with Possession of Ganja, Dealing in Ganja and Taking Preparatory Steps to Export Ganja.
The accused, all from St. Ann, are:
- Rueben Simpson, a 53-year-old businessman
- Desmond Gordon, a 44-year-old taxi operator
- Stanley Morris, a 56-year-old taxi operator
- Desmond Gordo, a 63-year-old farmer
- Ricardo West, 31 years old
- Maxfield Mignott, 60 years old
The JCF said: “Reports are that, about 4PM, lawmen were on operation when they saw the men removing the illicit drug from a premises. They were subsequently arrested.
“The drug weighed approximately 1,113.46 pounds and has an estimated street value of J$4.5 million,” added the JCF, which said the men are scheduled to appear in the St. Ann Parish Court on Friday, October 22.
We want to hear all success stories involving Jamaicans at home and abroad. Conditions may apply. WhatsApp or call 876-305-4574 or email us at email@example.com.