Minister of National Security Dr Horace Chang has refuted a claim that the security forces have not taken any special action to address the sporadic flare-up of violence in parts of Clarendon.
Member of Parliament for Clarendon North Horace Dalley made the claim in the House of Representatives yesterday, July 17.
However, when he was stopped in his tracks, he clarified that it is he who is not aware of any special operation to curb crime in the parish.
The security minister, Chang, told the House that the contingent of soldiers and police officers in Clarendon has been increased to counter the violence.
He said there has been success so far, but there is still work to be done.
“The Mobile Reserves was dispatched to Clarendon [and is] there now some three weeks, and a contingent of the Jamaica Defence Force…” the security minister explained.
“Additional contingent were sent to Clarendon and, in fact, they have had significant effect in reducing the level of violence. But there are still issues out there to be dealt with at this point in time.”
We want to hear the positive news happening in your family, school, church, business and community. WhatsApp or call 876-305-4574, e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org or message 'The Jamaica Beacon' page on Facebook