LLUIDAS VALE: Two released from detention centre without charge

The two young men who the Lluidas Vale police in St Catherine locked up under the ongoing state of public emergency on Friday, December 7, have been released without charge.

They are 24-year-old Romario Davis and 23-year-old Romaine Cunningham – both from Juan de-Bolas district, near Lluidas Vale.

The youngsters were released from custody this morning after attorney-at-law Trudy-Ann Russell appeared in court to fight their detention, said Nicole Simms, Davis’ mother.

When she spoke with The Beacon this afternoon, she said the young men were at the river.

“I am overwhelmed because they are home now and they are safe. I have to give God thanks for that,” Simms said.

ALSO READ: Mothers outraged – Lluidas Vale cops accused of dumping 2 in detention

The youngsters, who were picked up at a party in Lluidas Vale, were eventually taken to the Tamarind Farm detention centre in Spanish Town, several miles away from their respective homes.

Their mothers, in an interview with The Beacon last week, decried the continued detention of their sons without charge, adding that the police were giving them the runaround whenever they sought pertinent information about the detention.


We want to hear the positive news happening in your family, school, church, business and community. WhatsApp or call 876-305-4574, e-mail us at jamaicabeaconnews@gmail.com or message 'The Jamaica Beacon' page on Facebook

Related posts

HIGH ALERT: Kingston boy missing, last seen at school

Horace Mills

We are saddened – Glengoffe High gets counselling after lightning strikes two students, killing one

Horace Mills

LINSTEAD: Graham lashes out against possible breaches by security forces

Horace Mills